Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mumtalk's 5 Highlights of 2009!!

A big thank you to foodiemummy for nominating me for a 'high five' meme.   Hopefully I won't find it too hard to say what the highlights for 2009 were but here goes nothing....

Mumtalk's 5 highlights for 2009
 1.  Love and happiness in the house. Yes o.k. I know it sounds totally soppy and I'm not a very soppy person but without it I wouldn't last the day.   The hubby isn't the best communicator in the world, which is often the topic of arguments between us, but I have come to realise that men are wired totally differently from us. When I want to talk (non-stop) about the day and all he wants to do is ....nothing I have learned to accept it and pick up the phone or get blogging.. Which leads me on to no.2

2. Blogging.  Since starting to blog in December of 2009, I have found it a great escape or shall I say, release, from daily life.   This I find is essential to my wellbeing and thank you all for being there to be blogged to. May 2010 be full of bloggers with blogs galore!!

3. Time Out. I know it might sound negative but it really isn't in my world.   I have two children aged 2 and 3 and only for my time out step I really don't know how I would cope.   It disciplines the kids and gets us all back to an even keel without any blood being shed!  Saying that hopefully 2010 will see the diminishing appearance of my fond friend.

4. Yoga. I love and adore yoga.   Now, whether or not I can call myself a yogi I don't know.   I do try and live my life as yogic as possible and even if I do practice my asana/postures daily, do I practice the way of life??? It has given me great tools to live with and helped me through 2009 greatly. Namaste.

5. Last but not least, my two adorable but crazy children.   They have taught me so many lessons in 2009.  About life and about myself. Some I really have to work on e.g. counting to ten would be one and others were a nice surprise e.g. multi-tasking...what a skill!  So thank you guys for the person you have made me today.

So there you have it my 5 highlights of 2009.   They might sound very dull or mundane to some but to me, they have brought me into 2010 a better person than I was entering 2009....what more could I ask for.

I would like to nominate the following five for a high-five meme.
1.seeking serenity
2.dublin mama
3.celtic mama chatter
4.lepetitecoquin
5.northsidemama

6 comments:

  1. Great highlights and delighted your blog is going so well. Here's to a great 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me for HIGH 5. Please come to visit whenever you feel like. Happy new Year 2010! Wishing all the best for you and your family. I'm going to add you to my blog list, hope you don't mind???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your highlights... nice post. Smiled at the comment about your husband not being the best communicator in the world... very few are! Mine not only is awful at talking about how he feels, he could (if we let him) go for days without talking to anyone in the house. Just cos he wouldn;t think of it!

    Anyway thanks for nominating me for the meme. Will get cracking on my list!

    Can I echo HCM's wishing for a great 2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post and thank you for nominating me for the meme, I had a funny situation to write about today but I will get right on it tomorrow! Best wishes for a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow. I'm now following your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete